It’s officially summer and you aren’t sure how you’re going to get through the next couple of months entertaining your kids during summer break, or even yourself while you enjoy the summer months! We know how exciting it is to have your kids home for the summer, but coming up with something new and exciting day in and day out can be a bit stressful. WE UNDERSTAND! We also know you can only go to the pool and enjoy the outdoors so much when the thermometer rises to those uncomfortable highs we experience here in Virginia! Luckily, there are several indoor activities right around Lakeside that you can check out and fun activities to do right at home this summer while also beating the heat!
2. Catch a movie! At Cinemark snag a $6 movie ticket on Tuesday for their Discount Days. Head over to Regal Manassas Stadium for their $1 family-friendly movies on Tuesdays and Wednesday. Also, Starlight Cinema will once again have their FREE series of drive-in movies held Saturday nights in August at 7:30 p.m.
3. Sign up for classes at the Gymboree in Chantilly. The National Day of Play is June 24th and they’ll be offering open gym from 9:30-5!
4. Head to the Centreville Regional Library and sign up for the LEGOs Kids’ Club for ages 6-12. Also throughout the summer, the library will host magicians, musicians, story time, and other creative acts.
5. If you kid loves all things science than head to Fairfax and check out the Children’s Science Center offering interactive and hands-on exhibits, activities, and other programs.
6. Give your kids the chance to let out all of their energy at Billy Beez. This indoor park with slides, trampolines, sports courts will definitely tire your kiddos out!
Right at Home:
7. Grab all the blankets, sheets and pillows and build a fort! Once your fort is built, get out your family’s favorite snacks and tell stories, read or watch a movie.
8. After you get inspired at the science center, check out Pinterest and do your own science projects at home using items in your cabinets and pantries.
9. Find kid friendly recipes and work on creating and perfecting baked goods, dinner items and other food options for the family to enjoy.
10. Set up an arts and crafts center and paint, draw, color the day away!
How fun do all of these ideas sound? Not to mention, they are either FREE or super cheap. We can’t wait to see and hear all about what you do and create all summer long!